Subject: Re: Cratered surfaces
From: Darren Metcalfe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 08:20:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 Aug 1994, Andrew P. Vogel wrote:

> > You have to load the scape into Vista, save it as Turbo Silver,
> > then convert to LW - but it works great, I just did it last week.
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Does LightWave do this, or are you using some other converter? I _just_ 
> got 3.5 last night, and haven't played with it much...
> 
> Drew Vogel

You'll need:

Pixel 3D, Axiom Software, $100-150, OK conversions not great or %100 
reliable with bigger objects, has other useful tools.

or,

Interchange 3.0, Syndesis, $200(?), Very good conversions, batch operation.

or,

Vertex 2.x, Shareware, $69(?), Don't have any experience with the non 
crippled version, the Demo available on aminet shows it to be a very nice 
modeler though. Registered version SAVES a whole pile of formats, not 
sure what it will load, anyone know for sure?

Any other ways I'm not aware of?

Darren Metcalfe                               i-media corporation
[email-masked]       Interactive, Animation, Post-Production
 "You can have a lot of fun with people mired in computer nuance,
   watch this, has anybody seen the mouse for my Amiga?" - Joel